2021 Pinders Healthcare Design Awards
Caring Times is delighted to be the media partner for the 2021 Pinders Healthcare Design Awards as we celebrate the awards’ 30th anniversary.
The event has played a major role in helping shape the huge improvement in care facilities since it was launched in 1991 and its awards are much valued by care homes nationally. Entries are now being sought for the 2021 competition. As always, the awards will recognise excellence in the long term care and independent living sectors but there will be a subtle change to categories for 2021.
We appreciate that its takes a large team to create a winning project, involving the owners, architects, contractors and specialist designers of interiors, lighting and gardens, and judging will focus on these different aspects, rather than just the overall package.
For newly built care homes, awards will be given for the following:
- Best Architectural Design – the layout and aesthetics of the buildings within their setting. • Best Interior Design – maximising the resident experience through colour, contrast, materials and signage.
- Best Exterior Design – how terraces, balconies and gardens benefit residents and their visitors.
For Independent Living projects (extracare, retirement homes, care villages):
- Best Independent Living Scheme
For both care homes and independent living projects:
- Best Regeneration Project – restoring, remodelling and improving existing properties.
- Innovation in Design – pushing the boundaries with technology and creativity.
Projects can be entered for more than one category and be submitted by any party involved in the project – with the permission of the owners. To download an entry form, please go to the Pinders Healthcare Design Awards website or contact Jon Chapman at Pinders ([email protected]).
The closing date for entries is 31 December 2020.
Date Published: August 28, 2020